If you enjoy shopping online, you are probably aware that a coupon code can save you quite a bit of money. While these are often times simple to find, there are situations in which you may run into a challenge.
Some retailers distribute online coupon codes on a regular basis, while others hold back for one reason or the next.
If the time has come to make a purchase but you don’t have a coupon code to use, these five tips can help you find one without delay:
1. Search the internet. It goes without saying that this is the best way to dig up a coupon code. From services, such as RetailMeNot, to blogs and forums, people love sharing coupons with the rest of the world. A quick Google search could turn up several codes, all of which can be used to help you save.
2. Contact the customer service department. Did you know that some stores are more than willing to provide you with a coupon code if you ask? The best way of doing so is through a live chat, but if this is not available you can always contact the store by email or phone.
3. Sign up for the store’s mailing list. If you have been avoiding this in the past, get over your fear of spam and give it a try. Once you do this, don’t be surprised if you are immediately sent a coupon code for your first purchase. Additionally, you can expect these to arrive in your inbox from time to time in the future.
4. Take advantage of social media. Have you hit a brick wall? Are you worried that you will never find the right coupon code? In this situation, the best thing you can do is take to social media. In addition to searching sites such as Twitter and Facebook, you can reach out to your contacts for help. Along with this, don’t be shy about directly contacting the retailer to ask if a coupon is available. It never hurts to ask, right?
5. Fill out a survey. Many stores include a link to a survey on the bottom of their receipts. The next time you receive one of these, don’t ignore it. Instead, take the survey to see what you will receive in return. Most stores offer some sort of incentive as they know this is the only way people will take action. In some cases, completing a survey will lead you to the coupon code you have been looking for.
Unless you absolutely have no choice, you should never make an online purchase without using a coupon code. With the help of the five tips above, you are in better position to find a coupon for the store you are shopping at.